Translate

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sarah Palin's CPAC Speech


    Sarah Palin delivered the keynote speech at the close of the 2014 CPAC. The Daily Mail reports:
As the final speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference near Washington, Palin praised conservative leaders and trashed President Barack Obama, including a political smack-fest hidden in a Dr. Seuss-style children's rhyme. 
'I do not like this, Uncle Sam. I do not like his health care scam,' she recited in a sing-song voice. 
'I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books. I do not like when Congress steals. I do not like their crony deals. I do not like this spying, man. I do not like "Oh, yes we can."' 
The effort won her cheers of 'Run, Sarah, Run!' from some of the more than 1,000 activists who stayed at the CPAC event until the bitter end.
The story then goes on to insult Palin and conservatives. The Washington Post report takes a more analytical strain, for the most-part, but mocks Palin's down to earth mannerisms. However, it notes:
The speech, which concluded a convention that also featured addresses from a number of Republicans believed to be presidential contenders in 2016, contrasted sharply with much of the messaging pushed during CPAC. While many speakers -- including New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), and former House speaker Newt Gingrich -- had stressed the need for Republicans to be more solutions-oriented, Palin's message to the gathering was to hunker down and refuse to budge on conservative principles and on criticism of Obama.
 ABC News reported:
Republican star Sarah Palin closed out the Conservative Political Action Conference today, taking on both President Obama and the GOP establishment in her speech to the conservative crowd. 
Palin took aim at the president’s foreign policy strategy, specifically how he has dealt with Russian President Vladimir Putin. 
“How do you convey to Putin the threat that sounds like ‘Vladimir don’t mess around or you’re going to feel my flexibility because I’ve got a phone and I’ve got a pen and I can dial really fast and poke you with my pen — pinkie promise,’” Palin said. 
“I’m probably being too hard on the president. After all, who could’ve seen this coming?” Palin said, referring to her own warnings about Russia’s intentions.
... Palin noted that Cruz read “Green Eggs and Ham” during his 21-hour filibuster, and she provided her own rendition of the children’s classic, crediting “the Internet” for some of the lines. 
“I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his healthcare scam,” Palin said. “I do not like these dirty crooks or how they lie and cook the books. I do not like when Congress stills. I do not like their crony deals. I do not like the spying man. I do not like ‘Oh yes we can.’ I do not like this spending spree. We’re smart we know there’s nothing free. I do not like reporters’ smug replies when I complain about their lies. I do not like this kind of hope. And we won’t take it, nope, nope, nope. Hat tip the Internet.”
The reason that the Left hates her is that she is so obviously more charismatic, more articulate, and more intelligent than the dullard in the White House--and she didn't graduate from one of their precious Ivy League schools. The RINOs hate her because she threatens their gravy train.

No comments:

Post a Comment