Translate

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Colorblind is the New Racism

Kyle Chayka at Gawker accuses Jerry Seinfeld of "racism" because he doesn't care about a comedian's skin color--only whether he or she is funny.
When asked why he featured so many white men in his web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee during a Buzzfeed interview on CBS This Morning, Seinfeld seemed offended by the very question. "It really pisses me off," he said. "People think [comedy] is the census or something, it's gotta represent the actual pie chart of America. Who cares?"

BuzzFeed Business Editor Peter Lauria seemed hesitant to pursue the frank answer, but the comedian continued on anyway. "Funny is the world that I live in. You're funny, I'm interested. You're not funny, I'm not interested," he said. "I have no interest in gender or race or anything like that."
 Seinfeld's comments remind my of something I've heard before:
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
 Sorry. Not going to happen as long as the liberals are in charge.

(H/t Weasel Zippers)

No comments:

Post a Comment