Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Not Again!

Tom Blumer notes that now that Chris Christie's brand is tarnished (although I never thought that he would have a chance), some Republican insiders are talking about trying to get Mitt Romney to run again.

I have a lot of respect for Mitt Romney. He is a genuinely good person, and has the humility to learn from his mistakes (unlike Obama, who genuinely believes that he is never wrong). I believe that Romney would have been a much better president than Obama, especially in advancing strategies to get the United States out of the current economic doldrums and in dealing with the serious foreign policy issues facing the nation.  I continue to believe it was a mistake for conservatives to sit out the election rather than vote for Romney.

However, I too would have preferred another Republican to have won the nomination because I think Romney was too liberal on too many issues. Blumer discusses these issues. Essentially, Blumer is calling for someone that is fiscally and socially conservative to be nominated--not a Democrat-lite. Read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment