Translate

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Racism of Dan Savage?

CNS News reports:
Author, columnist, and homosexual activist Dan Savage said the idea that would change the world for the better if implemented is “population control,” and toward that end said “abortion should be mandatory.” 
... Savage said, “Population control. There's too many god---- people on the planet! And I don't know if that’s a – you know, I'm pro-choice. I believe that women should have the right to control their bodies. Sometimes in my darker moments I’m anti-choice.”

“I think abortion should be mandatory for about 30 years,” he said. “That’s a dangerous idea. She wanted a dangerous idea. So throw a chair at me.”
As anyone that has read anything on demographics in the past 10 years knows, the "population bomb" was a dud. Most European countries have declining populations. I am not aware of any industrialized nation that has a current fertility rate above replacement level other than Israel. I'm assuming that Mr. Savage knows all of this, which raises the question of which groups he thinks are reproducing in too large of numbers. The highest fertility rates are among developing and undeveloped third world nations, especially in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment