From Business Insider (h/t Instapundit):
1. Eggs Are Bad For Your Health. Actually, they are one of the healthiest foods you can eat.
2. A Calorie is a Calorie. Actually, it depends on what you body does with it.
3. Saturated Fat is Unhealthy. "New studies show that saturated fat does not increase your risk of cardiovascular disease. It raises the good cholesterol and changes the “bad” cholesterol to a benign subtype." And not using it just makes your food taste crappy.
4. Eating a Lot of Protein is Bad For Your Health. So PETA can just s**k it.
5. Everyone Should be Eating “Heart-Healthy” Whole Wheat. "Wheat is the biggest source of gluten in the diet. Many studies are showing that wheat, including whole wheat, can contribute to various health problems." Or to quote Christ, "man cannot live by bread alone."
6. Coffee is Bad for You. In moderation, it can be good for you.
7. Meat is Bad For You. Actually, meat--especially red meat--is good for you. Just don't burn it.
8. The Healthiest Diet is a Low-Fat, High-Carb Diet. Actually, this type of diet is the most likely to make you fat.
9. Refined Seed- and Vegetable Oils Are Healthy. Olive oil and coconut oil, and other natural oils are okay. But "[e]xcess consumption of refined seed- and vegetable oils can increase inflammation in the body and dramatically raise your risk of cardiovascular disease."
10. Low-Carb Diets Are Ineffective and Downright Harmful. "Low-carb diets are the easiest, healthiest and most effective way to lose weight and reverse metabolic disease. It is pretty much a scientific fact at this point."
11. Everyone Should be Cutting Back on Sodium. "Despite sodium restriction being able to mildly reduce blood pressure, this does not lead to improved health outcomes." Plus, you need salt for healthy nerve function.
12. Sugar is Bad Because it Contains “Empty” Calories. It's worse than that. "The harmful effects of excess sugar go way beyond empty calories. Sugar can have severe adverse effects on metabolism, leading to weight gain and many serious diseases."
13. Fat Makes You Fat. "[S]tudies consistently show that diets that are high in fat (but low in carbs) lead to much more weight loss than diets that are low in fat." Again,fats are necessary for proper childhood development and body function.