Way back in October 2012, I noted some stories indicating that Benghazi was wrapped up with a CIA program to smuggle arms. In December 2012, I noted a Fox News story about how the CIA quickly sanitized their nearby facility. Now that Obama is safely ensconced in office, and there are a flurry of other scandals, the MSM finally has decided its worth investigating the Benghazi matter further, and, so far, it is not pretty. CNN reported yesterday:
CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack.Further evidence of Obama's lack of transparency and dictatorial predilections. The story continues:
Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.
Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.
CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.
Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.
The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.
It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.
Among the many secrets still yet to be told about the Benghazi mission, is just how many Americans were there the night of the attack.
A source now tells CNN that number was 35, with as many as seven wounded, some seriously.
While it is still not known how many of them were CIA, a source tells CNN that 21 Americans were working in the building known as the annex, believed to be run by the agency.
And from Gateway Pundit:
... Speculation on Capitol Hill has included the possibility the U.S. agencies operating in Benghazi were secretly helping to move surface-to-air missiles out of Libya, through Turkey, and into the hands of Syrian rebels.
It is clear that two U.S. agencies were operating in Benghazi, one was the State Department, and the other was the CIA.
The State Department told CNN in an e-mail that it was only helping the new Libyan government destroy weapons deemed "damaged, aged or too unsafe retain," and that it was not involved in any transfer of weapons to other countries.
But the State Department also clearly told CNN, they "can't speak for any other agencies."
The CIA would not comment on whether it was involved in the transfer of any weapons.
Rep. Issa is also going after the State Department for failing to provide information:
[Rep. Trey] Gowdy told Greta the Obama Administration is hiding the survivors, dispersing them around the country, AND changing their names.
“Including changing names, creating aliases. Stop and think what things are most calculated to get at the truth? Talk to people with first-hand knowledge. What creates the appearance and perhaps the reality of a cover-up? Not letting us talk with people who have the most amount of information, dispersing them around the country and changing their names.”
And, at the same time Obama is hiding the survivors around the country he’s calling Benghazi a ‘phony’ scandal.
Congress's top inquisitor subpoenaed the State Department on Thursday for documents detailing the inner workings of the independent board that probed the September attack in Benghazi, Libya.
Republicans on the House Oversight panel have accused the Accountability Review Board (ARB) of seeking to protect former Secretary of State and possible 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in its investigation, notably by declining to interview her.
Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said he subpoenaed the department because he was being stonewalled.
“After ignoring requests for months, the State Department has left no alternative but to issue subpoenas for documents relevant to our investigation,” said Issa. “State Department tactics to delay and impede accountability have exhausted the Committee’s patience. Further subpoenas may also be necessary if the Department is not forthcoming on other requests.”More here about how the State Department has also been involved in keeping Congress from finding and interviewing survivors.